Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer Recap

Wow, where do I even begin? September 1 and summer is now a thing of the past. 

The summer started back in May with a trip to Georgia to see my sister graduate from Mercer Law School.  The family (even Greg) took a 5 day  trip to GA to celebrate the newest member of the professional world, Ashley J. Morehouse, Esq.  So proud of her and all her classmates!  We celebrated with a night out on the town to the local bars.  She was thrilled to show us (especially Greg) the southern way of life!  Friday was filled with spending time with family (sans Jared who was nursing a serious hangover).  "I'm like the Japanese Tsunami!"  We all gathered with her friends at the local Fish N Pig to celebrate the attorneys!!  It was a fun filled night eating Southern Food (love my fave Sweet Tea) and listening to a local Bluegrass band!  Saturday was the big day, and we attended graduation for the afternoon and went to an amazing dinner that night.  Sunday it was back on a plane home to good ole Rochacha.  Sad to leave, but I knew a visit to her new hometown wasn't that far away in August!

June started off alright, until my grandma passed away early June.  An unexpected death for the family, but also an unexpected visit from Ashley and Garon as well as Timber and Buster for a few days! It was so nice having them home for those few days and especially because Garon got to see NY in the summer!!!  June continued on for the next few weeks and seemed to be ok until June 30th, 2011 a day in which I will never forget.  My sister lost her best friend from Law School to a brutal murder.  We are all so heartbroken over the loss of Lauren and keep praying daily for justice to be served.  We are getting closer, but it still doesn't fill that void of her being gone.  A day doesn't go by that Lauren and her family are not in my thoughts.


July was busy as well, my parents left for 5 days to go down to see my sister in Macon after the death of Lauren.  That was a welcome visit by my sister and her friends after this tragic loss.  They came home for a bit and then my mom was gone again for 10 days moving her to Augusta!  Greg and I purchased a new home late July!! We are so excited and should be closing October 7, just in time for the holidays and the weather shouldn't be too terrible by the time we move.  Ugh, moving all our stuff again...oh well, this time it's for good!!


August, what August? Just as the month got started it was over.  We started the month with a trip to Unadilla to see the pro MX races and Greg and my cousin raced in the Amatuer races.  That is always a trip for the record books!!!  We had so much fun, what happens in Dilla stays in Dilla!!!  Following Unadilla I left for a trip to GA for 5 days.  I went down and visited Ashley and Garon in their new town.  It was  a lot of fun we explored the new town, shopped, at lunch and dinner at some pretty cool little places.  We had the best soup at a little cafe called Sunshine Bakery.  It was delish.  We were spotted at a Greenjackets game as well!
The short trip to Augusta was lots of fun and I cannot wait to go back and visit again! I'm hoping thatwe will get to see Ashley and Garon real soon!!!  I miss them terribly and it's so hard having your sister so far away! 

Now it's September and fall is right around the corner! I love fall a lot, especially at the motocross races in the fall! Greg has moved up to the Amateur class, so the fall series should be very exciting! Dreading the arrival of old man winter :(


1 comment: